thread Easier answering here rather than twitter,
you should be able to get a maternity exemption card, ask your doctor or midwife. That'll get you free prescriptions and free dental care, and includes the right to send your man to the nearest chemist with it to get peptac/gaviscon. It lasts for a year after birth too, I think.
permalink I have one
I thought I'd have to get a prescription to use the card.